Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Value of My Dollar

Most people see the value of the dollar as a set thing. What people don't realize is that you set the value of your dollar. You don't have to accept the set of price of anything. It's not what the dollar means to you as much as what you can do with it. It's worth it to me to spend a few minutes a week clipping coupons and doing matchups to be able to do more for my family. If I don't spend as much on non-negotiable items then I can use any extra money on other things.

One thing couponing has given me is a realization of the actual value of things. Once you're paying $0.75 for a $4 deodorant you don't want to go back. This line of thinking expands to other areas, too. When I found out chicken and mexican rice is not only delicious and will make six meals, but also cheap and simple, I couldn't stomach the thought of paying $30 for a dinner at a sit-down restaurant.

You need to decide for yourself, but my dollar is worth more than used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment